General Advice on Lubricant use
- DO NOT add lubricant to the inside of the condom
- DO NOT apply lubricant on the penis before putting on the condom.
- Any oil based product, including baby oil or Vaseline, can damage the condom causing it to split or tear.
- Lubricant is only advised for vaginal sex when vaginal dryness is an issue.
- Lubricant is always advised for anal sex.
Water based lubricant is available from the Free Condoms scheme and is provided in 10ml sachets. You will receive 12 sachets in each pack. You can use our lubricants with both latex and latex free condoms.
General advice regarding anal sex
- Lubricant is always advised for anal sex
- Use plenty of water based lubricant on both the condom (the whole shaft not just the tip) and the anus.
- It is recommended that people change to a fresh condom after every half hour of anal sex.